Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Turkey cools down tempers over Syria

Turkey grudgingly accepted Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's vague reform pledges on Monday, warning however that they are "not enough". Though Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has blasted the crackdown by Damascus as "savagery", Ankara's diplomats are ramping down tensions over the crisis. Turkey knows Assad's position is not as threatened as the West suggests, and that it will be left carrying the can should anarchy erupt. Meanwhile, Russia's categorical opposition to any foreign intervention in Syria introduces a major dimension. Read my article in Asia Times on the regional developments.

4 comments:

Wiki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sir, why don't you write about the 'goonda-giri' of China in the South China Sea against legitimate concerns of Vietnam and Philippines etc? China is virtually acting as a dictator bullying these countries into accepting that part of the sea as exclusively China's domain. You continuously target the US and western countries for their ham handed approach. I have no problem about that. But I would really appreciate if you would balance your articles by pointing out the wrongs of China as well. Otherwise, it would just prove that you are a near-agent of China's propoganda machine in India, or are so woefully captivated by China's hollow power that you cannot see right from wrong.

Personally, I believe articles from B. Raman are more balanced and in the national interests of India.

http://ramanstrategicanalysis.blogspot.com/

Johan said...

To whom a particular blog site is not agreeable common sense should dictate not to keep visiting it.

Alan Curtis said...

I want to share with you all here on how I get my loan from Mr Benjamin who help me with loan of 400,000.00 Euro to improve my business, It was easy and swift when i apply for the loan when things was getting rough with my business Mr Benjamin grant me loan without delay. here is Mr Benjamin email/whatsapp contact: +1 989-394-3740, lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com.